Pages

16 March 2014

Castle View's Mosaic Collective... the muddling begins [for me]

Image licensed by Albert Bridge under Creative Commons. link

The name of this post is key... Amazing teachers have been refining and developing the Mosaic Collective, an academy alternative, for well over 3 years I believe and I just found my way into the beautiful mess. Michael Schneider wrote a lovely post describing the project titled "What is Mosaic?" if you're curious about the basics; I thought it better to let the pro explain than the newbie.


And what a newbie I am: constantly overwhelmed, lost, making mistakes, stumbling... it's absolutely invigorating. In my third year of teaching, I was just starting to get comfortable in the profession, and I am so thrilled that Mosaic has interrupted that. Too much comfort is not good for the teacher or the lifelong learner.

I wrote the last paragraph about 3 hours before Michael tweeted:

Glad to see I'm at least partly on the same page! Here's to more confusion and messy learning. What a powerful thing to model.

Stay tuned for:
  • my initial ideas for Spanish (read: World Language) in Mosaic
  • the most recent hurdle and my ideas for tackling it
  • collaboration with some of the WL gurus around the country

No comments:

Post a Comment